2.6.15

My Updated Skincare Routine


It's been awhile since I've shown you my skincare routine (it's been awhile since I've blogged at all!). Anyway, within that period, my skincare routine has changed quite a fair bit, in terms of the products I'm now using. So I've decided too just give an update on my skincare routine and the new products that I have been using. Enjoy!



To start off with, here are the products that I use daily on my face. Besides the 'Olay Moisturising Cream', I've pretty much changed all my daily products since my last skincare post (if you want to see the post simply click here). However, the routine of how I apply them has not been changed. If you remember in my last skincare routine, I was using the 'Buche De Noel' by Lush Cosmetics as my morning cleanser. Although I do love that cleanser, it was only a Christmas edition and so I was unable to repurchase it once I ran out. And so, I decided to try out the 'Lush Ultrabland Cleanser' instead. I actually did a review (click here) on this cleanser, so I won't be going into too much detail about it except for the fact I absolutely adore it! For my night time cleanser, I had previously used the 'Natio Gentle Foaming Cleanser'. I felt that it was quite an average cleanser and decided to try the 'Nature Republic Aloe Vera Foam Cleanser'. This cleanser definitely does a better job than the Natio cleanser and the scent is quite pleasant aswell. I also changed my toner from the 'Natio Gentle Toner' to the 'Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner'. There was no particular reason that I decided to change toners aswell, just the fact that I was getting rather sick of the other Natio toner since I have been using it for almost 5 years. I feel that this toner is stronger than the Natio as it picks up a lot more dirt on the face. Another product I've now added to my daily routine is the 'Sukiri Rosehip Oil'. This is something I use to assist in healing any scars I have and was recommended to me by a friend. I usually apply the oil on just before I apply my moisturisor. This product really did help in lightening my scars and not to mention that it is a natural product with so many other benefits for the skin!


I'm sure I've mentioned this a few times, but the 'My Beauty Diary' sheet masks are my absolute favourites! I usually use the Apple, Lemon and Aloe Vera sheet masks. However recently I've been trying out the Citris Firming sheet masks. Right now, I am quite liking the results it's given for my skin. I've also switched my face peeling gel to the 'Rosette Nature Blend Marine Peeling Gel', simply because the 'Anosa Rose Face Peeling Gel' had ran out. I'm going to be honest though, I feel that the Anosa gel does a much better job in removing dead skin than this one does. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon and I'll be able to repurchase some more. 

The exfoliator I had been previously using was the 'St. Ives Exfoliating Scrub'. Although the St.Ives scrub had been working for me for quite some time now, my pores were getting worse and I just felt like the St.Ives scrub was too gentle to remove the dirt. So I decided to change my exfoliator into something that was more effective and decided on purchasing the 'Lush Herbalism Exfoliator'. Despite the fact that it really does remove the dirt in my pores a lot better, the smell of it is rather unpleasant to say the least.


The 'Skin Food Acorn Jelly Mask' is a product that supposedly helps in minimising pores and is a product that I had been longing to buy for awhile now. So you can say that I was rather excited once I had finally gotten my hands on one of them. I don't know why it took me so long though, to be honest. I started using this on a daily basis right after I'd cleansed my face, but as of recently I've only been using it two or three times a week. I do feel that this product somewhat helps in minimising my pores, but I don't think that I'll be repurchasing it again as I feel that it is quite an unnecessary product. 


Last, but not least is the 'Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel'. I've been struggling to find a way to minimse my blackheads now, especially around my nose. I'be always used pore strips but I felt that it didn't really get rid of blackheads but just simply remove the surface of it. Furthermore, they can create a bit of damage to your skin. So I came across this product while surfing on the net, and okay, I admit I gave into the advertisements. Anyway, for those of you who have no clue as to what it is, it's basically a gel that you rub all over your blackhead areas and it pretty much melts away your blackhead. I use this about once a week during night right after I've had a shower and cleansed my face. I've only been using this for about a few weeks and I can already see some great changes in my blackheads, especially around my nose. So if you're looking for a gentler way to get rid of your blackheads instead of using pore strips, then I highly recommend this product!

And there you have it, my updated skin care routine. Now here's an update on my life! So you're probably wondering why I haven't been blogging for awhile. Well, there really isn't any particular reason. I feel like it's just the same reason I have for not ever blogging, which is the fact that I have been extremely lazy. I guess this past month has just been quite stressful with uni and all. I just haven't been in the mood aswell to do anything at all, not only blogging. I'm so exhausted all the time and I feel like I could just explode any minute now. I hope I don't do that anytime soon though, because I have exams in less than a month! Yes, that means I am not going to be posting for awhile again. But I'm posting this up just to inform you all that I'm still alive! Anyway, I apologise for my lack of updates and hopefully I'll be back in no time. However in the meantime, please wish me luck on my exams because I know I'll be needing it. 

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!

xx Trulyvonne 

No comments:

Post a Comment