12.2.15

Review: Lush Ultrabland Cleanser


I think I've mentioned this a few times already, but I am an absolute freak when it comes to cleansing my face! This also implies that I have gone through a fair few cleansers in the past, to say the least. One of the most recent cleansers I have tried is the 'Lush Ultrabland Cleanser' and let me tell you something, this has got to be one of my best purchases to date! Here's a review of the cleanser and the reason as to why I've fallen in love with it. 


ABOUT THE PRODUCT:

So according to the Lush website, the Ultrabland Cleanser is essentially a cleanser which contains almond oil and rosewater that gently helps remove dirt, oil and makeup off the skin. However, it is also a multipurpose healing and moisturising balm that can be used for many other uses besides cleansing. It can be used for reducing redness and inflammation, along with creating a protective layer for the skin. Furthermore, it can also be used for nappy rashes and flaky skins that are common towards infants. 



PACKAGING:

If you are someone who occasionally purchases items from Lush, then I'm sure you'd be familiar with the packaging for their cleansers and such. Well, the packaging for this cleanser is no different than their other cleansers. It comes in a rather decent sized container with 95g of content inside. Although, they do sell it in a smaller container of 45g aswell. There is a lot of information about the product on the container, which is one thing I love about Lush products, the fact that they really inform the buyers on the products they are potentially purchasing.


The product is quite a thick consistency and almost feels like some sort of paste. But don't be fooled by how thick the product is, it is very gentle on the skin! There isn't much of a scent to it as well, which I am not too fussed about because that's not what matters most. 


APPLICATION:

The one thing that drew me towards this cleanser was the fact that the application for it was so different to anything I've ever used. Anyway, so I tend to use this cleanser only in the mornings daily simply because I like to use a more stronger cleanser at night. So once I have given my face a quick rinse, I grab a small amount of the product onto my finger tips and gently massage it all around my face and my neck as well in circular motions for about approximately one minute. The fun thing about massaging my face with the cleanser is not only because it's relaxing, but you can actually feel the dirt from your pores coming out. Gross? Not really. Okay, so here's the thing that makes this cleanser more unique than the others. Because the cleanser is rather thick, simply washing it off with water will not do. What I do is grab a small cotton pad or ball or whatever, wet it with some toner, and wipe it off. I know, how different is that?! I mean, I guess you could also use a hot towel and wipe the cleanser off, but I prefer removing it with a toner because it just makes my facial routine a little quicker. It's like...killing two birds with one stone? Or however the saying goes. 



PROS:

- It removes the dirt, oil and makeup off the skin so well
- It's made from natural ingredients, so for people who have sensitive skin like me, I didn't find it to irritate my skin that much or at all even
- It's very gentle on the skin
- It doesn't dry out the skin and in fact, leaves the skin feeling very moisturised after
- There are so many other great uses for it besides a cleanser, some people actually use it solely as a makeup remover

CONS:

- Because it's such a thick and sticky product, things can get rather messy
- It can be rather painful to remove because it's so thick and therefore takes extra time
- It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy, but the product does feel a little greasy

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I've been switching cleanser for awhile now mainly because I feel it's important to not make your skin used to one specific cleanser as this may cause it to break out easier when trying other products, but also because I've been struggling to find the right cleanser for my skin. However after bumping into the Lush Ultrabland Cleanser, I can honestly say that I won't be changing my morning cleanser for awhile now. I don't even know where to begin with this cleanser, it really does satisfy all the needs I look for in a cleanser. I definitely recommend this cleanser to anyone who's looking for something that is gentle, but removes dirt and makeup perfectly. 

4.5/5 STARS

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment