26.1.15

Pretty 'n' Pink


When it comes to pink make up, I'm sure that the first thing everyone will think of is something along the lines of caked-up Barbie make up. I know that's my first thought whenever I think of pink make up, which is why I tend to avoid using very noticeable pink coloured make up. However as of recently, I began incorporating some pink into my daily make up and I realise now that when wearing pink make up, it doesn't necessarily have to refer to a Barbie styled look. So today, I'd like to show you a look I put together using this particular colour and demonstrate how you can make pink into a very wearable and suitable colour.




Starting off with the eye shadows, I feel that in order to make it somewhat decent looking and stand out at the same, avoid using simply just one type of pink colour, but instead use different shades of pink. In doing so, you're creating more dimensions. Yes, I know I say that a lot, but think about it, how boring and unnatural is it if your eye shadow was just 2D? No crease, no depth, no highlights. I'm sorry, but I'm picturing it right now in my head and it ain't looking very pretty. I don't know about you, but whenever I look at someone the first thing I notice is their eyes (that sounds rather creepy) so I always try to make that stand out the most. Now in terms of this look, I started off with a creamy pink eye shadow to act as a base and primer. Then using a mix of two different light shades of pink (which I will list the colours below), I placed that on the centre of my eyelids to highlight that area. For the crease, I firstly used a darker pink shade for this area. However in order to create a more natural and suitable look to wear out, I used a brown eye shadow to lightly go over my crease. Using a darker brown eye shadow, I then went and placed it onto my outer crease to create more depth. And just to give it that extra touch, I also used a dark pink shade to line my bottom lash line...lining it with a brown eyeliner first of course though. 






Okay so in terms of the face make up, since this look was quite girly, I felt that a lighter complexion would fit well into this category. Thus, I decided to mix my BB cream and foundation together in order to create that suitable look. As for the bronzer, I didn't feel that it was necessary to fully contour the face, so I used a more natural and less pigmented bronzer and lightly dusted the areas that I would usually contour. What I was mainly focused on though was the blush, since again, this is a rather feminne look. Now while I did place the blush on the apples of my cheek, I also brought it out to the side above my cheekbones. So in some ways, I kind of used my blush to contour. In terms of the colour, I went for a more pinky-coral rather than peachy. Why? Self explanatory. And because I didn't want to overdo this whole look, I went for a nice watermelon colour for the lips, which by the way I am obsessed with at the moment!



So there you have it, my own contribution to a pink based looking make up! I'm not going to lie though, I'm not too sure if I'll wear this look out regularly since I am not the biggest fan of pink. I mean I don't hate the colour I think it's rather cute, but you see 'cute' is not a particular category that I tend to style myself in. But if you are one of those girls that adore the colour pink, then I hope you enjoyed this look that put together! 

And if you are wanting to replicate this look, then maybe a list of the products I used will help you out...

Face
Primer - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformation
Foundation & BB Cream - L'Oreal Eau De Tint Magique Foundation & Freshel Kanebo Mineral BB Cream
Concealer & Highlighter - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer & Maybelle Fit Me Concealer (for highlighting)
Bronzer - Too Faced Bronze Veil (from Too Faced Natural Face Palette)
Blush - Sleek Make Up Blush by 3 Californ.I.A in OC
Finishing Powder - Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder

Eyes
Eye Shadow - Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo 24Hr Metal in Inked in Pink (base), Pink Eye Shadow from Marc Jacobs The Dreamer Palette (colours don't have names) & Rose from Lorac Pro Palette 2 (lids), Last Call from Urban Decay Ammo 2 Palette & LT. Brown from Lorac Pro Palette 2 (crease), Cocoa from Lorac Pro Palette 2 (outer corners)
Eyeliner - Maybelline Master Kajal Cream Khol Liner
Eyebrow - Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
Mascara - Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara
Eyelashes - Daiso Eyelashes

Lips
Lipstick - Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Watermelon

Anyway, here's some great update on my life...I'm going to America at the end of the year! I know, how exciting! I cannot wait, this will be the third time I've gone there. I absolutely love going to America, mainly because I get to see my family over there that I barely ever see. Oh yeah, and I can't forget about the shopping there aswell! I know that I'll be doing a lot of that, everything in America is so much cheaper than here in Australia and they just have so much more variety over there, it's like shopping heaven. Last time I shopped so much I had to send like 20kg of postage back because it couldn't fit in my luggage, whoops. Okay I should really stop hyping myself up about it since there's still so long to go. Alright well, hopefully you enjoyed this post and...

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment