18.1.15

Haul: Sydney Sephora


I know what you're all thinking, it's been awhile...yet again. Apologies for being MIA again but this time I actually have a good reason for being gone for so long! During the past few weeks I was actually on holidays in Melbourne and Sydney visiting friends and family. Let me tell you something though, I was in need of a good break and being away from Adelaide really did me good. Anyway, so while I was in Sydney I had to go check out the recently opened Sephora which everyone was hyping out. However once I got there, needless to say I was more disappointed than satisfied with the place. Nevertheless, I did end up purchasing a few items there. So you're probably wondering, what are these great items that I got? Well then, just hit the 'Read More' button to find out! 





When I first entered Sephora, the first brand I looked at was Tarte Cosmetics because one, this is one of the brands that cannot be purchased in stores in Australia and two, it was the first stall closest to the entrance. Anyway, I've always heard good things about Tarte Cosmetics, especially the Amazonian Clay Blushes. However since I'm not a big user of blush, I decided to purchase the Tarte Amazonian Waterproof Bronzer and Butter Lipstick in the colour Watermelon, as I love a good bronzer and lipstick. 



One thing I was quite disappointed in about Sephora was the fact that there were many out-of-stock items, a lot of which I was hoping to purchase. The Benefit's Porefessional Primer was one of these items and I was rather upset that they had ran out of stock. It was understandable though, since it is a rather popular item. So instead, I got myself the Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer. 



And because I have this current obsession with highlighters, I knew I had to purchase the Benefit High Beam highlighter. For many years now I've been hearing many people talk about how great this highlighter is, so I thought it was about time I bought myself one of these babies. Hopefully it's as good as people say it is! 



Now, I really had no intention to purchase any powders as I'm quite satisfied with the ones I already have. But as I was looking around the Make Up Forever stall, I remembered how one of my favourite YouTubers always used this powder and seeing as so many of the items I originally wanted were out-of-stock, I decided to give this one a go. 



For the longest time now, I've been dying to get myself a pot concealer. I don't know why, but I just do. And because of recently, my skin has not been quite friendly to me, I've been meaning to purchase a full coverage concealer. Thus, I decided to try out the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Coverage Concealer. I've heard some good stuff about Marc Jacobs make up, so I'm not going to lie I've got high expectations for this!



Last but not least, which has got to be my favourite item out of all this, is the Marc Jacobs The Dreamer palette. At first I was contemplating on whether or not I should purchase another eyeshadow palette since I already own a few and it was quite pricey aswell. It wasn't until my second visit to Sephora that I decided to purchase this palette. What made it even better was that I managed to grab the last one in stock. I love it when I end up getting the last item in stock, it just makes myself feel that extra special. 

So there you have it, that is all the items I purchased at Sephora in Sydney! Not going to lie, I was expecting myself to buy a whole suitcase of stuff but it was just way too pricey there and surprisingly enough, they did not have a lot of brands there. I was surprised to see no Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown or even Too Faced which were the brands that I was most excited to see. I guess I just hyped it up way too much for myself, whoops. Although they did say that they were still expanding so...we'll see!

Anyway, I'd love to say that it's great to be back in Adelaide and all, but I just had such a great time in Melbourne and Sydney (more so Sydney) that I am really upset I'm back home. It was just so good to be able to catch up with friends and family that I barely ever see. I was also in need of leaving all the stress and issues I had back at home and just relax my mind, but that's a whole other story! Since I am back though, I really am going to try and blog more often, especially since I've got myself all these new products, so please do stick around to see more of that and I'll catch you later!

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!
xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment