28.2.15

OOTD: Turquoise Kicks


Wow, can you believe that summer is already over? Three months flew by just like that. Sadly, this also means that my holidays are coming towards an end. Just the thought of going back to Uni really sickens me...so to distract myself from thinking about uni next week, here's a quick outfit post I put together in honour of the last days of summer! 






During summer, I usually try to avoid wearing dark colours because although they can be slimming, I hate the fact how they absorb more heat and the last thing I want to do is be sweating like crazy. Although, this usually happens regardless of what colour clothing I wear. 




So by looking at this outfit, can you guess which item is the statement piece? Give up? Well, it's my shorts! No, I'm just kidding, it's my shoes of course! I bought these Nike Roshe Runs while I was in Melbourne about two month ago and I try to find every opportunity I can to wear them! In addition to being absolutely gorgeous (I mean look at that colour!), they're super light and comfortable, which I have to say I don't have a lot of pairs of shoes like that. 




I gotta say though, trying to find an outfit that matches these shoes was not the easiest thing. I didn't want to overdo the whole outfit, which is another reason why I chose to wear more neutral colours. I also wanted to do something a little more different and felt that wearing black would just be an easy way out in terms of finding something to match the shoes. And so, I decided to layer it up a bit by wearing this vintage styled sleeveless cardigan on top of this sleeveless knit top. To amp up the outfit a little more, I also chucked in a pair of ripped shorts, which is an obsession that I've had for awhile now. 

Sleeveless Cardigan from Valley Girl, Knit Top from H&M, Ripped Shorts from American Boutique, Nike Roshe Runs

Photos by Katherine Tran



Once again, thank you for checking out my blog! Okay so I think I say this every week that I would love to have a new post up and running very soon, but I really cannot guarantee anything, especially since uni is starting again really soon, like in a few days soon. Anyway, hopefully I won't delay the process of blogging too much! 

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne




No comments:

Post a Comment