11.10.14

September Favourites


Can you believe that September is over already?! Now I know that a lot of people out there felt that this year flew by quickly for them, but for some reason, I feel like this whole year has been dragging out longer than it should. So anyway, I know that September ended two weeks ago, but since I haven't done a monthly favourites in awhile, I thought I'd do another one for September and share with you all some of my favourite products for that month! 

CLOTHING ITEMS



Now you all know how striped tops are in at the moment right? Well, when I saw that Paper Scissors were having a 2 for $15 sale on their striped tops, I knew I had to grab some for myself! Since then, I've been wearing them constantly because they're so light-weight and comfortable, not to mention that the quality of it is pretty good aswell. See, that's what I love about the clothes from Paper Scissors, it's so affordable yet the quality of it is quite top-notch. And even though they only just opened a store in Rundle Mall at the beginning of the year, I've already bought so many items from them.



The next item to go onto my favourites for September would have to be these Women's Palladium Baggy Canvas in black. I'm absolutely in love with the style of it and not to mention the fact that it matches with so many of my outfits! And I'm not going to lie here, I wasn't expecting them to have much comfort in them, but they have got to be one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes that I now own! It's no wonder why I wear them all the time, especially to uni. 

BEAUTY ITEMS



So Revlon just released a new line of lipsticks, the 'Colour Stay Ultimate Suede', and when I saw all those new lipstick colours lining up together, I knew I had to grab myself one, or in this case, two. I've always loved Revlon lipsticks because of their great quality for a drug store brand, so you could say that I had high expectations for this new particular line. Let's just say, I was definitely not disappointed with the outcome of them. They glide on smoothly onto the lips and last somewhat longer than a regular lipstick. And I love the colours I chose aswell since they're quite neutral and can be worn an a casual day out.



The next beauty item, which is the 'Gucchi Premiere' perfume, is actually an item I've had for awhile now, but it was only recently that I realised how amazing this perfume actually smells. I think that the most captivating thing about it was it's rose scent, and if you know me well, you should know that I love the smell of roses, in fact I love roses in general! Especially dead ones...but that's a whole other story. 


I'm sure you've all heard about the great wonders of Sigma brushes, so it's no surprise here that I would include one of them in my September favourites. So I have a little confession to make, this brush was actually an impulsive purchase as I was doing some online shopping and you know that whole thing about spending over a certain amount to get free shipping? Well, I needed to spend $20 more to get free shipping on this make up site, so I thought why not and got myself the 'Large Angled Contour - F40' brush since I do find that I contour quite often. And ever since purchasing this brush, my life has changed for the better. Okay, maybe not but I will most likely purchase more Sigma brushes after this one. The brush is most definitely of high quality, it doesn't shed, it's soft and applies the product on so easily. 


Last but not least, is my beautiful 'Lorac Pro 2 Palette'. Do I really need to get into detail as to why it's in my September favourites? Well, I actually mentioned why I loved this palette so much in my 'Fall Regrets' post, which you should check out right here! Let's just put it this way, if you're looking for a palette that's highly pigmented, consists of colours that are suitable for a casual, everyday look, and also consists of colours for a night out, then this is the palette to go to. 

So there it is, my favourite products for September. I'm sure there were a lot more items that I enjoyed during that month, but these were the ones that stood out to me the most and if you have the opportunity to, then I would definitely recommend you all to go check them out! Okay now on a side note, I unfortunately will not be posting as frequently in the following weeks due to all the assignments I have for uni and exams are coming up soon, which I am extremely nervous about! Anyway, so I'll just apologise beforehand and I promise that once my exams are over...and after I have caught up on all my sleep, I will definitely try to post more frequently.

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment