6.10.14

OOTD: Swing into Spring


Well hello Spring, it's been awhile. Yes, spring has finally arrived here in Australia, and you know what else that means? Summer is approaching soon! Anyway, not going to get myself too ahead over here. So I've never actually been a big fan of the spring season itself, mainly because I get hay fever, but the spring fashion style is to die for! Despite having hay fever, spring really is a beautiful season with all the flowers blooming and such, so I find that dressing in a nice, somewhat girly and colourful outfit would really complement well with spring. In saying so, this spring, I am opting to go for more of a boho styled look with my outfits. If you don't understand what I'm trying to get at, well then here's an outfit I put together to describe the particular look I'm going for this spring!






When it comes to spring clothing, I feel that these bahama pants are without a doubt one of the most suitable items I have for the season. I purchased them almost about a year ago and till this day, I'm still in love with them. Why is that, you ask? Well, I'll tell you why! As you can tell from the designs, it is definitely a statement piece, and you know how much I love my statement pieces, right? And because they're quite loose and baggy, you can wear it on a warm day without feeling too hot in them! Oh, and if you've forgotten to shave and don't want anyone seeing the state of your hairy legs by wearing shorts...then I would most definitely recommend wearing a pair of pants like these! So whenever I wear these pants, I always just go with a simple tee, but for this outfit I decided to pair it with my favourite denim cardigan. To add that finishing touch, I decided to wear this thin, sheer scarf. The addition of this scarf really does add that boho style to the whole outfit, don't you reckon? 





Now if you all don't know, I am obsessed with the Kardashians! I love that family to bits, especially Kourtney, she's my favs. Anyway, so when I received this bag from the Kardashian Kollection Line for my birthday last year, I'm not going to lie, I peed my pants a little. I think this bag is absolutely gorgeous, I love the design of it and it is very spacious as well, might I add. In fact, their whole range of bags from the line is amazing! I'm not saying this because I'm a Kardashian fan though...well, maybe. Although this bag is one of my favourite items, I unfortunately do not wear it out as often as I hope. Mainly because the style really isn't that versatile, so I find it hard sometimes to find an outfit to match it with. So when I paired this outfit up together, I knew it was time for me to take this baby out! Honestly, I really feel that this bag does my outfit justice. I''m not going to lie though, with the whole sunnies and handbag thing going on, I did feel a bit diva-ish, which was kind of fun to say the least. 



Jay Jays Denim Cardigan, Singlet from American Thrift Shop, Cotton On Bahama Pants, Naughty Monkey Flats, Kardashian Kollection Handbag

Photos by Katherine Tran

Anyway, really hope you enjoyed this post because I'm going to be honest here, I actually really liked this outfit and will definitely try my best to wear similar outfits like this in spring. In the meantime, I am going to cherish my last week of freedom I have left...by catching up on my uni work because I have done barely anything! I know, I realised how slack I've been lately but I just cannot get myself to do anything recently. But I'm hoping that things will change this week and I will try my best to be on top of all my work and not to mention my blog as well! 

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!

xx Trulyvonne



No comments:

Post a Comment