21.9.14

Purple Haze


If any of you follow my instagram (right here), you would know that I had purchased the Stila 'In the Moment' Eye Shadow Palette not long ago. Now if you've seen this palette before, you would know that many of the shades in there are purple. In fact, the whole packaging of the palette is purple! So for today's post, I decided to put together a purple eye shadow look, inspired by the Stila 'In the Moment' Palette. Enjoy!




For this look, I simply just did the same techniques I do for my usual eye shadow look, but with different colours of course. So using a darker purple colour, I firstly outlined and defined my non-existent crease. In this case, I used the colour 'Plum' from my current favourite Lorac Pro Palette 2. I then used a light purple colour for my lids in order to really make my eyes pop out, not literally though. For this particular step, I decided to use two colours, 'Impluse' from the Stila palette and 'Grifter' from the Urban Decay Ammo 2 Palette. Now you're probably wondering as to why I chose two colours for this. Well, really, it was because I couldn't decide on which colour to go with. But after looking at the two colours, I thought they would complement well with each other and turns out, I was right! Well, at least I think they go very nicely together. Okay, so the next step is something that I don't usually do, but using the colour 'Glance' from the Stila Palette, I placed it just between the 'Plum' and "Impluse/Grifter' to act as somewhat of a transitioning colour. Last but not least, I cannot forget to add a darker colour on the outer corners of my eyes. The colour used for this was 'Improvise' from the Stila Palette. I absolutely love doing this step everytime I do my eyeshadow because it really does make that big of a difference and adds that finishing touch. And of course, highlighting the brow bone and inner eyelids is a must to really make the eyes stand out. If you're wondering what I used to highlight, I used the colour 'Snow' from the Lorac Pro Palette 2. 





Since the purple eye shadow is quite dramatic already, I stuck to a nice nude lip colour, and finishing off with bronzer and blush, which is always a must. I've always loved the look of purple eye shadow, just because it's so elegant and out there, not to the extent that people start giving you weird looks that is. So as you can tell, this is another look that I have fallen in love with. It's definitely not one where I'd wear on a daily basis, but for a party or a night out? Sure! So yes, hopefully you enjoyed this look and don't be afraid to try out those eye shadow colours you wouldn't usually use! 

Here's a list of products that I used for this look: 

Face
Primer - L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream
Foundation - Revlon Colourstay Whipped Crème Foundation 
Concealer & Highlighter - Shills Cherry Blossom Dual-Effect 3D Refining Stick
Bronzer - Nars Matte Multiple Stick in 'Vientiane'
Blush - Sleek MakeUP Blush by 3 Californ.I.A in 'OC'
Finishing Powder - Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder

Eyes
Eye shadow - Stila 'In the Moment' Eye Shadow Palette, Urban Decay Ammo 2 Palette & Lorac Pro Palette 2 (colours used as mentioned above)
Eyeliner - Maybelline Lasting Drama by Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner
Eyebrow - Prorance Professional Eyebrow Pencil & Revlon Brow Maker 
Mascara - MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara
Eyelashes - Cheap Ebay ones I do not recommend

Lips
Lipstick - Rimmel London Lipstick in 'Nude Delight'
Lipgloss - Chi Chi Dramatic Lip Lacquers in 'Hollywood Heiress'

Anyway, aside from all the beauty related stuff, I'd just like to say that I'm finally on holidays! Well, only for two weeks, but it's better than nothing. I have been needing a good break from uni and I am going to really try and take advantage of the two weeks of freedom I have. I really shouldn't be calling it freedom though, because I am supposed to be using these two weeks to catch up on all my work at uni. And trust me, I have a lot to catch up on. Nevertheless, I am definitely going to try my very best to keep updated with my blog because I know I have been quite slow recently with my posts. So please...

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment