7.9.14

Fall Regrets


Wow, can you believe it's spring already? Not long until summer's here! Although I must say, I am going to miss winter a bit...just a little bit though. To be honest, I'm actually missing autumn a lot more at the moment. So I'm quite envious of all the people in the States who are getting ready for the autumn season as of now, or as they call it, fall. I suppose what makes me miss autumn a bit more is because there were so many items I wish I could've worn! So in today's blog, I'd just like to show you my top five items I wish I was able to wear during the autumn season, ranging from outfits to make up products. Enjoy!

Before I start, I'd just like to say that even though I'm making a promise to myself that I will definitely take advantage of the following 5 products next autumn, I can't guarantee anything and I most likely will purchase new items in preparation for autumn, since trends come and go so quickly. This also means, yes, spending more cash. But you know what, you can make your shopping a whole lot better thanks to discounts received from gift cards! In fact, there's this site that I came across called Raise.com where you can basically buy any sort of gift cards from a large amount of stores! Another great thing about this site is that if you have any unused gift cards lying around that you most likely won't use, you can sell it for cash in return! How great is that?! So if you have time, please do check out Raise.com



H&M Skater Dress, Hydraulic Denim Jacket

Okay so the first piece of item I wish I had the opportunity to wear during autumn was this H&M Skater Dress. I purchased this dress during my trip to Melbourne a few months ago (click here to see my Melbourne Haul Post) and ever since then, I've been trying to find every means to wear it. Unfortunately, the weather was just way too cold and the last thing I wanted was to get sick. But how perfect would this dress have been for autumn! I don't usually wear dresses, but the casual style and patterns of it definitely captured my attention. Pairing it up with my favourite denim jacket, I believe that this would've been a great outfit for autumn. 



These Tony Bianco Platform Heel Boots are another item I bought from Melbourne and again, didn't have the opportunity to wear. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't wear them as much as I thought I would. Maybe because it is a bit out there, with the massive platform. Nevertheless, I feel that they are a perfect item for autumn as I feel that they make for a great statement piece and it really isn't too hard to walk in, thanks to the big platform. Although I must say, they were quite heavy...



 I used to be rather big on accessories and would always go crazy on them whenever I went out. However in the recent years, I haven't been wearing any accessories at all, which is quite a shame because I really do feel that accessories add that finishing touch to your outfits. One particular accessory I wish I did wear often, especially in autumn, is this edgy eagle ring I purchased from eQuip. I bought it about a year ago but never really wore it often. However, after seeing how much it matches most of my outfits, I'll definitely be wearing this as much as possible.




Moving onto make up items, the Lorac Pro Palette 2 is most definitely on my top list of items I wish I wore more often in autumn. But then again, I can't blame myself since I did purchase it a few months after autumn was already over. This palette is just simply amazing! The pigmentation, to the colours and the design of the whole palette, I don't even know where to start. Although autumn is already over, I did manage to put together a daily look using this palette that I feel was suitable for autumn.




Just going with some subtle neutral toned eyeshadow colours in the palette, and of course, I can't forget those red autumn lips! Another trick I did with my lips was mixing two different shades of red together. I find this technique to be quite useful as it saves you money from buying another shade of red lipstick. And of course, the colour you make is one of a kind. 


Last but not least, my hair! I admit, I hardly ever style my hair and usually just leave the house with my hair as it is. I kind of wish I did put some effort into styling it though, since I do like the look of my hair when it's styled differently, especially when it's curled! Which brings me to the last thing I wished I did during autumn, which was to curl my hair a lot more! But since I don't like to damage my hair by using so much heat products (I'm kind of contradicting myself here since I already damage my hair by dying it), I like to create my curls using heatless techniques. My favourite technique at the moment is using this pencil technique where I basically put my hair in a bun using a pencil, leave it in for a few hours and tada! I love this technique because not only does it create a nice bun, but the curls it makes look a lot more natural and girl next door. 

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this post and even though there's still a long way to go, it doesn't hurt to prepare for autumn in the next year!

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment