27.10.14

TAG: My Make Up Story


Well hello there, fellow blog readers! Okay, so I'm sure you're all aware that I haven't really had the time to focus on my blog right now because of all the work I have at uni, and I do apologise for that. But since I didn't want to fully neglect my blog, I decided to do something a little different and do another tag post! I did the 'This or That' Tag when I first started my blog (check it out here) and honestly, I really did enjoy doing it. And because it's a lot more simple and easier to do than the other posts I usually put up, such as OOTDs, make up looks and reviews, I thought why not do another one? Anyway, so for today's tag, I wanted to do the 'My Make Up Story' Tag. I've seen so many beauty gurus on YouTube do this tag and I just loved hearing their stories of how they first got into make up. So I thought it'd be a good idea to share with you guys how my whole obsession for make up started. Enjoy!

1. How old were you when you started wearing make up?

I believe I was about 15 when I started wearing make up on a daily basis. I didn't go full on with it though, just the simple mascara and concealer here and there. It was only recently that I started wearing the whole lot, and by that I mean filling my brows, bb cream/foundation, eyeliner, etc. 

 2. How did you start getting into make up?

Although I started wearing make up on a daily basis at the age of 15, believe it or not, I actually started getting into make up at the age of 11. It was quite funny though, but before I got into make up, I was a major tom boy and hated the whole make up, girly thing. So you're probably wondering, how did I get into make up then if I hated it at first? Well, I guess it was because I started hanging out with a group of girls at that age who were all into make up and the whole beauty thing. At first, I didn't really see where their whole obsession for make up came from, but because they were one of the 'popular kids' I wanted to fit in with them, so I gave into their influence and began exploring a bit with make up. Little did I know, I actually began to enjoy putting on make up and being a girly girl, and voila! I transformed into a Barbie Doll. 

3. What are some of your favourite brands?

For drugstore brands, I'd have to go with Maybelline and Revlon. I think that some of the quality of their products are top notch and almost comparable to high end.
In terms of high end make up, I absolutely adore the products from NARS, Benefit and Urban Decay. I think the quality they produce for their products are amazing and I must say I quite like their packagings aswell. 

4. What does make up mean to you? 

Make up, to me, is pretty much a hobby. I absolutely love what make up can do to enhance your features and it is hands down my favourite thing to do whenever I get ready for anything.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?

I'd have to go with BB cream, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow pencil, just simply because they are my essentials and I know I can never leave the house without any one of them on.

6. What is your favourite thing about make up?

I think I pretty much answered this one before, the fact that it can enhance your features in ways you wouldn't think it'd be possible. I also love how it really can boost up a girl's self-esteem. I mean, honestly I think it's a little ridiculous how some people start hating and judging on others because they wear make up. I mean I understand that people should embrace their natural beauty and such, but if wearing make up is able to give people that little confidence they need, then I don't see how that's such a bad thing.

7. What do you think about drugstore make up vs high end make up?

Well, to start off, they both have their pros and cons. There's no doubt that high end make up generally have better quality than drugstores, I mean hello that's why they cost a fortune! However drugstore make up really isn't that bad aswell and there are products out there that can be comparable to high end products. In all honesty, I really don't care too much for high end or drugstore make up, I think what's more important is finding products that work for you. 

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?

My tip of advice for a make up beginner? I don't know if I should be giving advice because to be honest I still consider myself a beginner as well. I guess my number one advice would be to start off with drugstore brands. I feel that as a beginner, you wouldn't want to spend so much money on high end make up only to realise that you have no clue as to what's going on, in terms of how to apply whatever the product is or how good the quality of it is. I mean, that would be quite a waste of money to say the least. But more importantly is to just have fun with make up and whatever you do, just make sure that you feel comfortable and happy. 

9. What is one make up trend you never understood?

This is kind of a hard one, because whenever I dislike a certain make up trend, I always end up loving it at the end. Anyway...I guess one make up trend I never understood was the no eyebrow look. Honestly, I think it looks so ridiculous and funny because to me, eyebrows are what makes the most difference towards your face. Oh, but then again...it really is a high fashion thing and I have to say it does look good on models on the runway, only on the runway though...alright see what I mean about how I end up liking a trend that I wasn't quite fond of at the end? 

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube  the web?

Okay, so since I'm doing this tag on my blog instead of YouTube (and because I don't have a YouTube account), I decided to refer to this question in terms of how I feel about the beauty community on the whole entire cyber space. I think it really has given a great platform for make up and has become a great way for people to reach out and find out a lot more about different make up brands and products. I'm not going to lie, if it weren't for the net, I don't think I'd become as obsessed as I am with make up today. 

So that's it for my part in the 'My Make Up Story' Tag! Hope you all enjoyed it and now have a better understanding as to why I'm so obsessed with make up. Now I'd like to say that a new post will be up and running soon, but I really can't guarantee anything as of now. So in the meantime, feel free to neglect reading this blog for a bit I'll understand, because I'm sure no one out there would like to read my old posts over and over again...but if you'd like to do so I wouldn't mind! However if you would like to catch up on what I'm doing (you stalkers) please do follow me on Instagram and Twitter @trulyvonne.

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog!

xx Trulyvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment