16.8.14

OOTD: Chasing the Sun



Honestly, I cannot stand this cold weather anymore. I mean yeah sure, winter fashion is great, but I am missing summer like crazy. Fortunately enough though, the weather did warm up a bit for us last week...and then the freezing cold weather came straight back in this week. I did try to take advantage of the somewhat cooler weather we had and put together an outfit which I thought was perfect for this sort of weather. 






So again, I went for the casual look, pairing up this striped top with these high waisted mum jeans. I was never one to wear anything with stripes that go horizontal, because I've always had the impression that they make you look, how do I put this in a non-offensive way...wider? But I decided to purchase one, well actually I got myself two of these striped tops, since they are in at the moment. I must say though, I was proven wrong and I absolutely love this top at the moment! It's simple enough for uni yet sophisticated enough for a nice outing. The pants were also a new purchase from not long ago and it was definitely an item that I was contemplating on getting for awhile. This was because I had a pair of acid jeans with a pattern quite similar to these ones already, and I wasn't too sure if I was into the whole mum jeans look. But just like the top, I'm so glad I purchased them. 





To finish off the outfit, I paired it up with a long cardigan and my favourite cut-out boots. Again, loving this outfit because I feel like it's a little out there and really expresses my style at the moment. I guess that's why I love the whole fashion and beauty thing, because not only can you be creative with it, but it's a great way to show people an insight to who you are. 



Lookbook Co Cardigan, Paper Scissors Striped Top, Paper Scissors High Waisted Mum Jeans, Find a Tree Cut-Out Boots

Photos by Katherine Tran

Although I love this outfit, I think it's going to be awhile till I get to wear something like this again due to this cold weather! I swear, the weather went from nice one week, to horrible the next. Right now, I am counting the days till spring/summer comes, because I've got so many outfit ideas for the season to come! So if you'd like to see what I have in store...

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne

1 comment: