10.8.14

Review: JUJU Cosmetics AQUAMOIST Collagen Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Washing Foam


Long time no review! Yes, it's been awhile since I've reviewed an item and frankly that's because...well, I don't know why that is to be exact. I mean, it's not like I haven't tried anything new recently. In fact, there are tonnes of new items that I've tried out that I'd like to review. And one of these items happens to be the JUJU Cosmetics AQUAMOIST Collagen Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Washing Foam. Whoah, that was a mouthful! Anyway, remember when I said I loved trying out new Asian products and they never seem to disappoint? Well, this was one of the new Asian products I've tried but...it definitely did disappoint me. Want to know why that is? Then just simply click on the 'read more' button to find out! 

ABOUT THE PRODUCT

So basically, the Acid Moisture Washing Foam (I have to shorten the name), is a foaming cleanser from JUJU Cosmetics, which is said to  refine dried and mature skin with the Hyaluronic Acid and AQUAMOIST contained in the cleanser. With a rich and creamy lather, the Hyaluronic Acid also helps with leaving your skin dewy and silky without stripping away the natural moisture of your own skin. In addition to the moisturising benefits, according to the site, it also says that it helps with impurities such as pores and gently removes excess oil. 

PACKAGING 

The Acid Moisture Washing Foam comes in a tube containing 120 g worth of product. There really isn't much to say about the packaging, I mean it is rather simple and there wasn't really anything on it that caught my attention. Oh, except for the number of Japanese characters on it which I have no clue as to what it says. 




APPLICATION

I used this cleanser once a day during my shower at night as it was quite a heavy cleanser. Using a small amount of product, I would rub this all over my face and neck, wash it off and apply my usual toner and moisturiser. There was no need to use a whole lot of product for each use, because a little went a long way. 


 As you can see, I went a bit overboard here


Although it does say that it's a foaming cleanser, I didn't really feel that it lathered up the way I thought it would. All it really did was turn into a rather thick and creamy texture, which didn't really sit well with me. I felt that it was just too heavy on my skin.

PROS:

- The scent is rather nice, that's if you enjoy that soapy kind of smell
- It removes make up quite well
- Your skin definitely looks a lot dewier after use

CONS:

- The product was just way too heavy for me once it 'foamed' up
- After washing it off, it left a very rubbery feeling on my skin, which I despise
- My skin felt really tight after use 

FINAL THOUGHTS

I did not like this cleanser at all. Not only did my skin felt really tight after I used this, but I broke out almost immediately once I started using this cleanser, particularly on my left cheek. Although the product isn't meant to strip away your natural moisture, it unfortunately did that for my skin. My skin wasn't completely dry though, there were only a few blotches of dry spots on my face. But still, not very pleasant. I would definitely not purchase this product again, why I still have it is beyond me, since I stopped using it almost immediately. So if you're looking for a good cleanser that removes any impurities, dead skin, without stripping away your skin's natural moisture, then I would definitely...not recommend this. 


2/5 STARS

Stay tuned to see more updates on my blog! 

xx Trulyvonne




No comments:

Post a Comment